DOG & CAT LICENSE
In Fayette County, all dogs and cats must be licensed annually starting at six months of age and rabies vaccinated at four months of age. Proof of rabies vaccination is required for the city license. Licenses are valid for 12 months from the last day of the month the license was issued (e.g. a license issued on December 1 is valid until December 31 of the next year).
- A license for an altered (spayed or neutered) dog or cat is $8
- A license for an unaltered dog or cat is $40; $25 of this fee goes to the LFUCG Spay & Neuter Grant Program
- Dogs and cats must wear their license and rabies tags at all times
- Assistance dogs are exempt from annual licensing
- Pet licensing supports critical community animal care and control services
MAIL-IN LICENSE APPLICATION
Licenses can be purchased or renewed via the LFACC license mail-in application.
Directions: Print and complete one application for each pet. Add $1 handling/postage to the application license fee of $8 or $40. Mail completed application, proof of rabies vaccination, proof of spay/neuter (if applicable) and check payment (no out-of-county checks accepted) to:
Lexington-Fayette Animal Care & Control
1600 Old Frankfort Pike
Lexington, KY 40504
ATTN: Licensing Office
Once all information received has been verified, LFACC will mail back your pet's license certificate and tag. Please allow two weeks for receipt of your pet's license.
LICENSES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- LFACC Office at 1600 Old Frankfort Pike
- Licenses are issued seven days a week: Monday-Thursday & Saturday 10am - 6pm, Friday 10am - 8pm, Sunday 1 - 5pm.
- Rabies vaccination with license purchase is $5: Monday-Friday 10am-6pm.
- Afford-A-Vet (both Richmond Road and W. Lowry Lane locations)
- All Creatures Great & Small Animal Hospital
- Animal Care Clinic
- Animal Clinic at Equestrian Woods
- Animal Clinic at Leestown Road
- Animal Hospital of Nicholasville
- Banfield Pet Hospital (both Hamburg & Brannon Crossing locations)
- Beaumont Veterinary Center
- Boston Road Animal Clinic
- Brighton Animal Clinic
- Chevy Chase Small Animal Clinic
- Clays Mill Veterinary Clinic
- Eastland Animal Hospital
- Fayette Veterinary Clinic
- Gainesway Small Animal Clinic
- Green Tree Animal Hospital
- Hartland Park Animal Hospital
- Lansdowne Veterinary Clinic
- Lexington Hospital for Cats
- Locust Trace Veterinary Clinic
- McCaw Veterinary Clinic
- Nicholasville Road Animal Hospital
- Noah's Ark Animal Hospital
- North Lexington Veterinary Clinic
- Regency Animal Hospital
- Richmond Road Veterinary Clinic
- Sheabel Animal Medical Center
- Southland Veterinary Clinic
- Tates Creek Animal Hospital
- Veterinary Wellness Center
- Village Animal Hospital
- Woodstock Spay/Neuter Clinic
Please note: if any information regarding your pet’s license changes (e.g. change of address, pet deceased, pet no longer in possession), please contact LFACC at (859) 255-9033 x 244 firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible so we can update our records.
DOG KENNEL LICENSE
If you own eight or more dogs in Fayette County, you need to apply for an annual kennel license through LFACC.
- A kennel license is $135
- Each dog must be individually licensed and current on its rabies vaccinations
- Call (859) 255-9033 to begin your kennel license application